Where are the right sites to place your home security cameras in College Station? Normally, there are three primary areas of your residence for camera installations: your main entry, your home’s exterior, and key interior rooms. While your security installer can suggest where you should install, consider the following best practices on where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Make Sure To Safeguard Your Front Door
While it may seem crazy that a burglar would make an effort to casually stroll through the front door, 34% of intrusions occur at the front door. You also have porch pirates among other threats to think about. Doorbell surveillance is ideal to manage these types of concerns with high-definition, wide-angle viewing.
Doorbell cameras are nice as you are able to speak with people who walk up and press the button. Through your cell phone app, like ADT Control, you may reply to all engagements with two-direction audio and live feeds and give the impression you’re on site. Then if someone does try to do something nefarious, you will have your video doorbell instantly record a clip and deliver it to your cell phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your External Surveillance System
Where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home can be a daunting assignment. Fortunately, there are some useful suggestions to make sure your property is well protected.
- Corners of your College Station residence provide an impressive viewing angle, seeing two segments of your yard.
- Just below an overhanging eave or into a length of trim or siding are ideal locations for surveillance devices as they will be somewhat obscured by the edge of your house.
- Over your garage, since the garage door is an easier entryway for invaders than you may know!
- Overlooking a patio or sliding door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the road.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you trim away any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your view.
Tips To Enjoy The Highest Level of Performance From Your Indoor Surveillance
You have more options on where to place home security cameras on the interior of your residence in College Station. That same flexibility means you have other installation variables to contemplate:
- Sunshine through Your Windows: Even though you should make sure your windows are secure, the natural light from a window can cast a glare on your camera’s video feed. Aim the front of your camera away from direct sunlight to avoid this.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a video camera installed in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. Try placing your cameras on top of bookcases or affixed to the ceiling.
- Choose Unreachable and Secure Locations: Your video equipment will lose its ability to protect you if it’s broken. Install your devices in a spot where kids and your furry friends aren’t able to mess with them. Consider mounting or another means of securing them to ensure they don’t fall if inadvertently knocked into.
- Houseplants and Decor: The top security camera won’t help you much if you’ve got a plant blocking the view. On the other hand, interior decor and plant life also have the ability to cloak your recording devices. Just make sure they don’t impede the view!
Turn to Secure24 Alarm Systems And Find the Right Place For Your Home Security Cameras
To ensure the proper installation of your home security cameras and other security equipment, use the experts at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the ideal plan for your entire property -- safeguarding all areas. Just call (979) 330-5973 or complete the following form to get started.