How to Get the Most From A Home Security Cameras In College Station
Home security cameras can easily be installed as a warning—a sign that informs would-be thieves or intruders that “we’re always watching.” Or you can optimize your home security cameras to tighten your home’s security.
Luckily, today’s security cameras are outfitted with an array of additions all tailor-made to provide total protection for your family. Whether it’s two-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detectors, these additions help you to get the most from security cameras in College Station.
How To Set Up Your College Station Home Security Cameras For Maximum Protection
Installing your video surveillance in the ideal locations around your residence is the first place to begin with home security.. Indoor security cameras should be placed in frequented rooms like the living room or den. It’s also a smart notion to have a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other transitional areas thieves would have to pass to reach the rest of your interior. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear sightline of your patio, front walk, front and patio, garage, and other exterior isolated constructions, like sheds. Then see a view of your main entryway via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are locations around your home that are less imperative to monitor like bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Secrecy for you and your guests needs to be a chief consideration prior to mounting a security device in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion detectors if you desire a measure of security in bedrooms.
Features That Elevate Security Cameras
Camera location is only the first step in utilizing the utmost out of home security cameras in College Station. The innovations described below help to elevate security and increase overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get automatic notifications on your mobile device whenever unusual motion is detected. You can also set cameras to begin capturing footage when movements are detected which helps boost camera recording time.
- Recording and storage: Set your video surveillance to record and save clips for easy viewing at your convenience.
- 2-way talk: Nearly all of modern security cameras have a built-in mic and speaker so you can actually speak to anyone via the camera. Via ADT Control, you can act like you’re inside or talk to your kids as they get back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a security camera can see, and provides a more exhaustive view of what where you want to protect. Check for cameras that allow for at least 120° angle lens or that are able to pan all the way around for superior visibility.
- Infrared vision: Make sure your home security cameras are equipped with either LED or infrared sensors that will pick up video of night-time motion.
- Activity zones: Activity zones provide you the freedom to guard single locations within your house.. For example, you can tell your doorbell camera to notify you of activity occurring on your yard or your porch and disregard cars passing or foot traffic.
- App: mobile app, like ADT Control®, empower you to live-stream camera feeds, move cameras, arm or disarm the system, and capture events. Most importantly, the app will send instant alerts when the detect unusual motion around your home.
Optimize Your Security Cameras Today
Achieving the most out of your security cameras in College Station is simpler. From rapid motion detection to 2-way talk, your home security is elevated from just a deterrent to an unbreakable defense. Call (979) 330-5973 or fill out the form below to get started customizing your home security and camera system today.