How Does Geofencing In College Station Work With A Home Security System?
Today's smart security solutions are becoming more capable every year. With that being said, it’s still easy to forget to do easy security tasks like arming your a security system, lowering the garage door, or even making sure your doors are locked.
Would you like it if you never had to concern yourself with these things again? When utilizing geofencing in College Station, you can simply leave the driveway and let your system lock up for you.
What is Geofencing In College Station For your Security System?
Geofencing creates a virtual border around your residence, which you are able to arrange in your cell phone app. This modern home security option then utilizes your mobile device to deduce when you go past the boundary and then initiates your “leaving-the-house” automations.
How Does Geofencing Work?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a home automation protocol that smart devices use to communicate with other connected equipment. This innovative approach aids your security system by centralizing all elements onto the same network. You are then able to draw a virtual “fence” on all sides of your home and designate what actions you want to take place if you cross the boundary.
To illustrate, as soon as you pull away from your driveway, you can instruct your security system to engage door locks, close the garage, and switch the alarm back on. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing will notify your system to disengage the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even adjust your your home’s comfort levels.
These are several of the devices you may command with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Security alarms and cameras
● Home electronics including Stereos, TVs, and appliances
● Garage doors
Custom Geofencing, Schedules, And Scenes Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is only one of a variety of ways you can utilize your property’s security system in College Station. With the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of home automation. Just tap the app interface, and you have the opportunity to:
● Program schedules: program your smart alarms and cameras to operate at a specific time. Have your lights start to lower to indicate that it's time to turn in for the night, or disengage your home’s alarm the first thing in the morning.
● Define how devices react to one another: Make certain devices activate based on another activity. Have your thermostat turn on the connected fan if the fire alarm goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your security camera notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Set a scene: Create scenes featuring various devices that function in unison. Have your lighting lower, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks activate when the day is done. Or set the mood for movie night with specific lighting and HVAC levels.
● Geofence your security: You may not always remember to set your alarm as you're running late for work. With geofencing functionality and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and shut the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in College Station
Whether you seek added certainty of a safe, secure home whenever you go to work or you wish to take advantage of home automation, geofencing will make things easier. Speak with a skilled member of our team today at (979) 330-5973 or send in the following form to begin customizing your ideal security system.