Does A Home Security System Work In College Station?
If you’re similar to a lot of homeowners, you want your house to be secure all the time. but, will a home security system work in College Station?
The simple answer: you bet. But you need to choose the most robust devices to get the most from home security. Not only do the alarms and sensors give wonderful peace-of-mind, the state-of-the-art devices give a level of efficiency and management you could not have thought possible. By adding automation, surveillance, and access through a smartphone app, you can have a secure smart home.
Let's take a moment and see why a home security system is a great recommendation for your property.
Indispensable Home Security Features
So you can ensure your College Station home security system works to the best of its ability, you have to get these essential security features:
- Door and window sensors: You could find this unusual, but plenty of intruders come into your home through the front door. The other two most frequent points of entry are back doors and ground-levelfirst-floor windows. For these stats, entryway sensors are deemed the base of your security system. When the system is armed and your door sensors are disturbed, the loud, high-decibel alarm siren will ring and your round-the-clock monitoring agents will be contacted.
- Touchscreen central hub: Get rid of those hard-to-work pin pads, as state-of-the-art smart screens now manage your system. These touch screens will also direct your smart home components, home security cameras, and monitoring.
- Mobile security app: The best security system allow you manage every aspect of your house through a mobile app. Now if a sensor or alarm senses something unusual, you can get an instant text to your smartphone. Also, arm and disarm your entryway alarms remotely, program smart locks, adjust the thermostat and more.
- Home security yard signs and window decals: While there isn’t automation in an ADT sign or a window sticker, these can forewarn an aspirational thief that your property is safeguarded.
But Will A Security System Lessen Your Chance Of A Burglary?
While it might seem like an exaggeration to install sensors and set-up a smartphone app when you already use deadbolts and live in a secure town, expert studies support the notion that home security systems will still secure your home. For example, a report out of Rutger University sees that most burglars will actively stay away from homes with a security system installed. They will then opt to hit a faster home that is poorly protected.
That backs up with stats from the National Council For Home Safety and Security. Their stats state that most burglarized houses do not have a security system. With numbers, unguarded homes are 300% more likely to be burglarized than properties that are protected. And while just displaying that your property is protected helps dissuade instructions, other items -- like smart locks and a doorbell security cameras -- can also improve your home security system.
Of course, ADT home security can do much more than sound an siren. Now you have some other components that make a home security system safer and energy efficient.
round-the-clock Monitoring Is A Priemer Backup To Your Alarms
Does a home security system work in College Station when they don’t use round-the-clock monitoring? Having a constant vigilance is always the winning bet and 24/7 monitoring from security professionals can make certain the authorities come faster after a triggered sensor.
Monitoring professionals can protect you all day long -- whether you are in the house or not. If you’re don’t hear the siren, they’ll contact you and the authorities after a triggered component. Even if you’re home, you will be busy making sure family members and pets are accounted for and safe.
Install Similar Monitored Protection For Fire, Flood, and Medical
When you install your home security, you have the option to get more than security alarms. equipment like fire alarms, CO detectors, and flood alarms can be integrated into your complete home defense. If an emergency is found, your sensors will trigger just like your home security alarms. And when the loud siren goes off, your 24-hour monitoring experts are contacted, and an alert will show up on your smartphone.
Or try a panic button, which is easily pinned to you or a family member with a pendant, bracelet, or a clothing clip. If someone you live with is a fall incident or a serious medical condition, they can simply use a two-finger button to notify emergency services.
Add Security, Responsiveness And Energy Efficiency With Home Automation
Modern smart home components give you a tier of control and comfort you’ve never seen before. They will make your house more efficient and responsive. And when you connect automation to your home security system, they will also make your property that much safer. For example:
- Program your smart bulbs on a pre-set schedule to make it appear that your house is occupied when you’re on vacation.
- Have your inside smart lights turn on as your outdoor camera senses sudden motion.
- Use your phone’s location services to secure your doors, flip off your smart lights, and turn down the smart thermostat when you leave for your day.
- Create personalized scenes that can pre-program your lights, smart thermostat, sensors, and other components with a single tap of a button.
- Or simply see the status of all your components and manage your components with your mobile app.
Add that to the energy you’ll conserve through automation, and you’ll realize how much you need a modern home security system in College Station. You will also be able to manage your system with vocal commands when you connect your security system to your Amazon Alexa or Google Home.
Keep A Watch On Your Home With Modern Video Surveillance
Security signage and outside lights are great home invasion deterrents, but smart cameras can take your protection to a better place. The furthest thing an intruder is looking for is to be caught on a video feed as the 30-second clip might be used against them in a criminal case. You can install outdoor, indoor, and doorbell cameras, and all will allow you to see live feeds round-the-clock.
Do you want to check out the noise you heard in the back yard? Would you want to say hi to the kids after school? Has the groceries been delivered yet? All you need to do is to open the clip from your home security app. You could also receive alerts on your phone whenever a guest comes on your porch or they detects sudden motion. You can then chat with visitors with the two-way talk feature on your cameras.
How To Get A Security System In College Station?
Are you looking for help in creating a security system that works in College Station? Our ADT experts can custom-build the most useful alarms, automation, and security cameras that can be incorporated into one affordable plan. Call right now at (979) 330-5973 or fill out the form below.